Are you in your early 20’s and unsatisfied with your height? Waste no more time and get to know 5 exercises to grow taller. Boys generally grow until the age of 25 while the girls finish growing at the age of 18.
What are the reasons for stunted growth or slow growth?
The Human Growth Hormone (HGH) is responsible for the development of body during the adolescence. HGH is secreted by the pituitary gland, which also performs other functions such as regulating body composition, body fluids, the growth of muscle and bone, and promoting metabolism. Deficiency of HGH leads to slow or stunted growth, but one can turn back its body’s internal clock with regular stretching exercise and protein-rich diet.
Top 5 Exercises to boost secretion HGH in the body
1. Bar Hanging: Possibly, the most effective exercise for rapid growth if done on a regular basis. Hanging on a horizontal bar allows your spine to extend which results in increasing the height by 1 to 2 inches, but not overnight.
Do this exercise at least 4-5 times a week for 5-10 minutes every day to get quick results.
How to do Bar Hanging
The horizontal bar should be placed at a vertical distance of 7 feet from the ground.
- Fully extend your body, else bend your knees a bit in order to hang freely.
- Hang for about at least 20 seconds in one go and repeat until failure.
- Take small gaps between each repetition.
2. Forward Bend: This exercise is not only beneficial for increasing height, but also for turning the stomach flat.
How to do Forward Bend
- Stand straight
- Straighten your hands
- Bend down forward
- Touch the floor with hands without bending the knees
3. Super Stretch: It is one of the most preferred exercises when it comes to increasing height quickly. The super stretch can be performed by standing up straight on toes.
How to do Super Stretch
- Stand up on toes and extend your arms as high as you can.
- Feel the stretch in your spine as you lean slightly back.
- Each repetition should be performed for at least 10 seconds.
4. Cobra Stretch: ‘Stance of the Cobra’ is a yoga exercise for height that can help you add extra inches to your stature. It is widely performed to gain flexibility and get taller.
How to do Cobra Stretch
- Lie down on the floor with face down and palms facing the floor under your shoulders.
- Bring your spine up and arch back as far as possible.
- Perform it 3-4 times a day with each repetition lasting between 5 to 30 seconds.
5. Wall Stretch: I still remember that I was advised to do this exercise by my physician and it did help me add few inches to my short stature. It’s a bit harder than the other exercises, but once mastered properly, you may start getting the benefits.
How to do Wall Stretch
- Hold onto a wall while standing on toes and try to extend your hands as high as possible.
- Make sure you keep your spine straight against the wall.
- Try to maintain the position for about 8 seconds each repetition.
About Mohit Chauhan
Mohit Chauhan is a Delhi-based writer who covers beauty, health, technology, and education-oriented works in his portfolio. The art of writing flows in his blood and ideas pop out of his head round the clock. He quoted “A day without a blog is like a day without food. He is a graduate in Electronics and Communication engineering but he was always known for his breakthrough imagination which he could unleash through his writing skills. A writer is the voice of any industry as it takes the creative and out-of-the-box info to bring a brand into the minds of viewers what he is very capable of. Research is something that makes him exclusive and in a different league than everyone.