Five Reasons to Drink Green Tea Everyday– Today, people are quite cautious about maintaining an ideal weight and one common beverage they add to their daily fat-free regimen is green tea. Benefits of drinking green tea include prevention from life-threatening conditions such as cancer and cardiovascular ailments (Chacko, Thambi, Kuttan & Nishigaki; 2010). Ever tried to Google the reason behind the advantages of green tea? Catechins, found in green tea plant are its chief components and are beneficial against high-fat diet induced obesity and type II diabetes (Hara, 2001).
When to drink green tea?
Before we discuss the five major benefits of green tea, it is necessary to know the best time to drink green tea. According to nutrition specialists, people should avoid drinking green tea on an empty stomach and set the frequency to 2-3 cups a day. They recommended people to have green tea 30-45 minutes before or after meals.
Brands of Green Tea on Planeteves
Before you buy green tea online, make sure you do proper research on google and go through the customer reviews on preferred brands. We have on our display top-notch brands such as Sprig, Pure Nutrition, Organic India, True Elements, and Seer Secrets.
Below are the 5 major reasons you should drink green tea every day.
1. Green Tea reduces the cholesterol level in the body
The green tea plant contains seven kinds of catechins. Out of them, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) is responsible for lowering the cellular cholesterol concentration (Pennington, 2011).
2. Green Tea prevents you from cancer and cardiovascular diseases
Those who drink green tea are relatively less prone to diseases like cancer, high blood pressure, coronary heart diseases, and obesity (Hara, 2001).
3. Green Tea enhances immunity
Consuming green tea regularly strengthens the immune system as it has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties (Pennington, 2011).
4. Green Tea helps you burn calories
A recent study on green tea revealed that people who drank green tea helped them burn more calories compared to people who drank other caffeinated drinks like black tea and coffee (Muirhead, 2008).
5. Green Tea helps to prevent food poisoning and tooth decay
Substances present in green tea are quite effective in providing resistance to the body from food-poisoning and dental-plaque causing bacteria (Muirhead, 2008).
1. Pennington, Tina. Health Benefits of Green Tea- Is Green Tea for you?First Printing, United States of America 2011. eBook collection. Web.18 Dec, 2011. 16-17
2. Hara, Yukihiko. Green Tea: Health Benefits and Applications. Marcel Dekker. United States of America. 2001. eBook collection. Web. 02 Feb, 2001.
3. Muirhead, W.E. Green Tea- It’s Hidden Benefits. Wholistic Health Institute. United States of America. 2008. eBook collection. Web. 14 Aug, 2008
Mohit Chauhan is a Delhi-based writer who covers beauty, health, technology, and education-oriented works in his portfolio. The art of writing flows in his blood and ideas pop out of his head round the clock. He quoted “A day without a blog is like a day without food.